Request for Proposal | CARES Funding for Organizations
Through a CARES grant from the California Arts Council, Yuba Sutter Arts & Culture has received funds that will be regranted to arts and culture organizations serving socially vulnerable populations and communities of color in the Yuba-Sutter Community. Yuba Sutter Arts & Culture is a local non-profit agency with a mission of strengthening arts, culture and creative expression as the tools to cultivate a better Yuba-Sutter.
The California Arts Council is providing CARES Act funding to their State-Local Partnerships specifically to foster cultural development through partnerships prioritizing socially vulnerable populations/people of color and promoting equity to local community organizations.
Grants will be awarded to organizations that serve socially vulnerable populations/people of color in the amounts of $500 – $10,000.
All applicants must meet the grant eligibility requirements listed below:
- Organizations applying must not have received prior CARES funding.
- Grants must support organizations that serve people that are socially vulnerable/of color through their mission and program or have a plan to provide services to clientele that meet these requirements.
- The art and culture services must increase social/racial equity through improving access to the organization.
- Organizations applying must provide arts and culture services to residents of the Yuba-Sutter community.
- New programs implemented for the first time are allowed. All programs must serve people that are socially vulnerable/of color with an opportunity that otherwise might not exist.
- Existing programs must apply with the goal of becoming more inclusive, providing peple that are socially vulnerable/of color with opportunities that otherwise might not exist.
Key Funding Dates
- Applications are available at yubasutterarts.org or request an application from Abbie Cesena at email@example.com.
- Applications must be received no later than November 9, 2020 at 5pm.
- Award notifications will be emailed by November 23, 2020.
All grant recipients will be required to submit a Grant Report ten-months after receiving payment.
If you have any further questions about this grant please contact Abbie Cesena, Managing Director, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (530) 713-8784.