The Making of Lyvia’s House
June 17 at 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
The Making of Lyvia’s House is a behind-the-scenes look at the new film shot in Yuba-Sutter!
• What ancestor of a prominent northern California family freed a slave and was shot for his efforts?
• Which historic saloon in northern California was once a celebrated bordello during the Gold Rush?
• Which northern California rice farmers had a relative in Jack London’s infamous Bohemian’s Club and another who built rockets at Aerojet during the Space Race?
• What heinous crimes were committed in the peach orchards of Yuba Sutter counties?
• What landmark one-room northern California schoolhouse is now a honeybee sanctuary?
• What northern California Supervisor lobbied for flood control while baking from scratch, at her family-owned diner, the best strawberry pies you’ve ever tasted?
You’ll learn the answers to all of these and more, in “The Making of Lyvia’s House.”, hosted by the Yuba Sutter Branch of the California Arts Council, on Friday, June 17, from 6-9 p.m. at the Sutter Theater Center for the Arts in Yuba City, California.
Lyvia’s House is a psychological thriller full-length film shot on location in Yuba Sutter counties. Many local businesses and landmarks are used as settings, and over sixty community members appear as extras. The Sutter Theatre Center for the Arts will screen a documentary of the making of the film that will include a sneak peek at some of the film’s completed scenes. Lyvia’s House is set to be screened atfilm festivals later this year.
This event also includes a live Q&A with the Director, Director of Photography, and Lyvia’s House actors, a silent auction of the artwork and special props from the film, a raffle, live musical performances, and a scrumptious Italian buffet prepared by Lyvia’s Kitchen.
Tickets are 40 dollars each, with proceeds going to support The Yuba Sutter Arts Council and Lyvia’s House post-production jointly. Scroll down to buy your tickets!
“When a young journalist suspects the disappearance of a beautiful artist is connected to murders that took place 20 years earlier, she uncovers a reality she never could have imagined. Inspired by true events in the Yuba Sutter area.”
About this event:
This fundraiser will help production enter film festivals all over the world while giving the Yuba-Sutter community the opportunity to see some bits and pieces of the film with behind-the-scenes commentary from local community members who assisted in the film.
Tickets are $40 per person included in the price is a hot buffet dinner, Q&A with the Actors & Director, and being the first the see clips from the film!
Extra activities include a raffle with an exciting, surprise item & a silent auction featuring artwork and props from the film. You may be able to take a piece of the film home with you! Featuring DeVante Winn with a musical performance.
Yuba Sutter Arts & Culture’s Refund Policy is in effect for this event, read it here: https://yubasutterarts.org/yuba-sutter-arts-culture-refund-policy/