Call for Teaching Artists
Yuba Sutter Arts in Education Programs
Multiple Positions Available
Yuba Sutter Arts invites dynamic, experienced and creative Teaching Artists to apply to our Arts in Education Pro-gram. We are always looking for Teaching Artists in all art disciplines, including dance, folk arts literary arts, me-dia arts, music storytelling, theater and visual arts, year-round.
Yuba Sutter Arts strives to offer excellent arts education in partnership with public schools, community organizations and youth serving organizations in Yuba and Sutter counties, through various programs.
We are seeking candidates that are exceptional creative role models, with strong youth development skills and a commitment to art education and/or art education for at risk youth.
Yuba Sutter Arts’ Teaching Artists embody the following qualities and responsibilities Include:
- Interest in working with young people; preference is given to candidates with demonstrated ability to teach children and teens.
- Artistic Excellence, including quality and scope of professional artistic work, and depth of knowledge within an artistic discipline.
- Engaging Teaching, especially incorporating the creative process, reaching students across diverse development levels, yielding quality student work, strong understanding of learning standards in the arts, and substantial experience in Yuba-Sutter or other public-school classrooms, including strong classroom man-agement skills.
- Designing and Executing age-appropriate, project-based arts curriculum for students of all backgrounds and if scheduled, with some of the area’s most at-risk students.
- Professionalism, including abilities to plan with others, to articulate goals and objectives, and to adapt to var-
ying student populations, celebrating diversity and diverse school environments.
- Submitting complete lessons plans, invoices, reports and other vital administrative documentation.
Please submit the following information by Wednesday, August 14, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Resume with contact information, artistic discipline, work history, etc.
Website and/or social media links
- Artistic work samples – minimum of 2
- Populations/Areas of Interest/Expertise, ie: Pre-K, K-5, 6-8, 9-12, People with Disabilities, Underserved, At-Risk Youth, etc.
- What art are you interested in teaching?
- Weekly availability between 8am and 5pm.
Most Teaching Artist positions pay $50 – $75 per hour, with a minimum of 2 hours paid per day. Candidates chosen for interviews will be notified by Friday, August 16.